Ishaq Dar decides to 'resign' from his post
The Finance Minister will stay in London and he did not announce his return date, the reports added.
A high level meeting of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) was held in London under the supervision of former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
During the meeting it was decided that Federal Minister for Finance Ishaq Dar will tender his resignation from the ministry post in the next few days. He will stay in London and not come back.
The Senate committee on Thursday demanded the resignation of the Finance Minister. “The committee recommended that Ishaq Dar step down to save the country’s name from being defamed further,” announced chairman of the Standing Committee on Finance Saleem Mandviwala.
The National Accountability Bureau had filed four references in the accountability court against former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, his two sons Hussain Nawaz and Hassan Nawaz, son-in-law Captain (retd) Muhammad Safdar and Finance Minister Senator Ishaq Dar.
Ishaq Dar is facing Section-14C of the NAB Ordinance 1999, which deals with possession of assets beyond his known sources of income. If Dar is proven guilty, he would be handed over 14-year imprisonment.-Online
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Negligence in serving expats unacceptable, PMImran tells Pakistani ...09:49 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021