Tired of spamming? WhatsApp launches 'Report' option, download here
Phone numbers that were blocked by several users eventually ended up being temporarily or permanently banned from using the service. However, there was no way for you to tell WhatsApp whether you were blocking a number for personal reasons or because they were actually sending spam messages.
That behavior has changed somewhere between version 2.12.12 and 2.12.30 (that's as far as I could narrow it down to). When you get a message from a phone number that isn't in your contacts list, you will now see two big boxes to report it as spam and block it or to add it to your phonebook.
The option to only block can still be found under More in the overflow menu on the top right, and it still shows up above the conversation when you've replied to the unknown sender but still haven't saved their number.
WhatsApp's current Play Store version is still 2.12.5, which doesn't have this feature yet, but you can find more recent app versions on the service's site or on APK Mirror. As mentioned above, spam reporting was added somewhere between 2.12.12 and 2.12.30, so any version after 2.12.30 should do.
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4009:33 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan announces increase in petrol prices09:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- COAS Bajwa presides over Formation Commanders’ Conference08:52 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani mangoes hit Singapore markets07:55 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021