PM Imran ignites Twitter storm with Bilawal 'sahiba' remark
Addressing a gathering in Wana, the premier lashed out at PPP supremo and said unlike Bilawal Bhutto 'sahiba' (madam), he struggled a lot to come this far.
Soon after premier's remarks, social media users fired a broadside at the premier for having referred to the politician in such a manner.
Quite inappropriate and out of order for the Prime Minister to be using such language - called BBZ 'Bilawal Bhutto Sahiba' in a speech in Wana pic.twitter.com/rWve8az9Au— omar r quraishi (@omar_quraishi) April 24, 2019
Some of the users threw weight behind Imran Khan, terming the reference as a mere slip of the tongue, while others said the 'sexist' remark was aimed at insulting the political rival.
Bilawal Bhutto himself took aim at the premier after the remarks.
What was that about small men in big offices? #PMSelect— BilawalBhuttoZardari (@BBhuttoZardari) April 24, 2019
Poor and misogynist statement by pm against @BBhuttoZardari calling him sahiba . We don’t expect this kind of language from anyone and off course PM— Asma Shirazi (@asmashirazi) April 24, 2019
Calling @BBhuttoZardari "sahiba" is just really absolutely wrong. Political difference is about ideology not taking jibes at each other.— Fereehaidrees@abbtakk (@Fereeha) April 24, 2019
Calling @BBhuttoZardari "sahiba" was in poor taste.. Low even by social media trolls standards... IK statements r fast becoming indefensible for party members!!— Shahzad Iqbal (@ShahzadIqbalGEO) April 24, 2019
In very poor taste to refer to @BBhuttoZardari as "sahiba" i.e. madam, by #PMIKinWana— Meher Bokhari (@meherbokhari) April 24, 2019
Would've been undesirable by anyone but #PrimeMinisterImranKhan stooping to this level, new low in #Pakistan politics
Mr @ImranKhanPTI you'r Prime Minister of this beautiful country,Pakistan. Never expected you'd insult "womanhood" by calling PPP Chairman @BBhuttoZardari "Sahiba".It is Ur public speech not a 'cheap dressing room chat' & U as head of Govt must show respect for women.#RespectWomen— Zahid Gishkori (@ZahidGishkori) April 24, 2019
Imran Khan only exposed his own deeply embedded misogyny in trying to insult Bilawal Bhutto by calling him "sahiba", as if being a woman should be used as an insult. Condemnable, shameful and something the PM should retract & apologise for immediately.— Imaan Zainab Mazari-Hazir (@ImaanZHazir) April 24, 2019
- Pakistan PM seeks ‘comprehensive strategy’ to curb violence12:57 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- First time in history, Pakistan presents national security policy to ...12:35 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan Water Week 2021 kicks off to explore sustainable ways in a ...12:19 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan rejects reports of financial difficulties being faced by ...10:50 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat gearing up to host Bigg Boss themed reality show05:05 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Hania Aamir's adorable video while playing with dog goes viral04:48 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- 'Pawri girl' spotted having a fan moment with legendary singer Hadiqa ...03:00 PM | 6 Dec, 2021