Indian CRPF Assistant Commandant commits suicide in occupied Kashmir
SRINAGAR - An Indian Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) officer has committed suicide in Islamabad district in Occupied Kashmir.
According to media details, the officer, who killed himself, has been identified as an Assistant Commandant of the CRPF’s 40th Battalion, M Arvind (33), hailed from Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu.
The officer ended his life by shooting himself with his service rifle at his residence in Sadar area of the district.
Indian soldier commits suicide in Occupied Kashmir 10:22 PM | 12 Jan, 2019
ISLAMABAD – An Indian soldier committed suicide in Kulgam district in Held Kashmir on Friday night. The soldier, ...
The Indian armed forces continue to lose around 100 personnel to suicides every year despite government measures to reduce stress among soldiers.
Soldiers posted in far-flung areas often undergo tremendous mental stress for not being able to take care of the problems being faced by their families back home, which could range from property disputes and harassment by anti-social elements to financial and marital problems.
As many as 125 military personnel took the extreme step to end their lives in 2016. They included 101 soldiers, 19 airmen and five sailors, with another three cases of fratricide (to kill a fellow soldier or superior) being reported from the three Services.
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Balochistan doctors allowed to carry out private practice in ...05:23 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- LNG for Pakistan: Islamabad to host int'l conference on 31st05:01 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019