Indian CRPF Assistant Commandant commits suicide in occupied Kashmir
SRINAGAR - An Indian Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) officer has committed suicide in Islamabad district in Occupied Kashmir.
According to media details, the officer, who killed himself, has been identified as an Assistant Commandant of the CRPF’s 40th Battalion, M Arvind (33), hailed from Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu.
The officer ended his life by shooting himself with his service rifle at his residence in Sadar area of the district.
The Indian armed forces continue to lose around 100 personnel to suicides every year despite government measures to reduce stress among soldiers.
Soldiers posted in far-flung areas often undergo tremendous mental stress for not being able to take care of the problems being faced by their families back home, which could range from property disputes and harassment by anti-social elements to financial and marital problems.
As many as 125 military personnel took the extreme step to end their lives in 2016. They included 101 soldiers, 19 airmen and five sailors, with another three cases of fratricide (to kill a fellow soldier or superior) being reported from the three Services.
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Coronavirus — Public sector schools opened in KP11:45 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- FO dismisses back channel diplomacy with India09:23 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Chohan roasts anchorperson Imran Khan for maligning CM Buzdar08:22 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020