Alhamra pays tributes to Noor Jehan
The show was held in remembrance of Madam Noor Jahan, the late singer was also awarded the honourable title of "Malika-e-Tarannum", the Queen of Melody.
Noor Jehan was one of the most influential singers of South Asia during her time. During the event, veteran singer Tarannum Naz performed super-hit songs of Noor Jehan which were met with immense applause.
The evening witnessed other renowned singers like Humaira Channa, Afshan Begham, Azra Jahan, Saima Jahan, Farah Anwar, Saira Naseem, Shabnam Majeed, Nadia Hashmi, Shahid Ali Nusrat, Zakia Bano and Saira Tahir.
Moneeza Hashmi shared her thoughts on the great artist, saying that Noor Jahan was a very talented singer. she used to visit us frequently and I still remember her mesmerising personality. Faiz sahib dedicated his Nazm "Mujh Se Pehli Si Mohabbat" to madam.
On the occasion, Executive Director of Alhamra Arts Council, Ather Ali Khan explained his vision towards cultural activities for the revival of quality entertainment at Alhamra.
He stated that civilized nations always tend to remember their national heroes. They also promote cultural activities within the country to enhance socio-cultural values. "Our basic aim for organizing today's event was to celebrate the legacy of Madam Noor Jehan at Alhamra Arts Council," he added.
The event was attended by a large number of people from different walks of life who appreciated Alhamra's efforts for the promotion of art and culture.
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020