I can sacrifice my life if my country needs it: Shaan Shahid
Addressing a Kashmir solidarity rally in the capital, the actor, known for always speaking on issues related to issues of national importance said that he has refused to work in India several times but that was just a career sacrifice.
“I can sacrifice my life if my country needs it,” said Shaan Shahid.
He added that he belongs to a Kashmiri family and may not live in Kashmir but “Kashmir lives in him” like every Pakistani.
Shaan also shared that his father (Riaz Shahid) made movies on Kashmir and Palestinian liberation movement so love for freedom and fight against oppression are a part of his blood.
The actor who claims to have rejected a lot of offers from the Indian film industry is the son of legendary film writer and director Riaz Shahid who wrote and directed films like Yeh Aman.
Yeh Aman dealt with Indian atrocities in Kashmir, ‘Zarqa’ was a first of its kind local production which depicted the Palestinian movement for freedom.
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Police arrests over 30 demonstrators during protest against COVID-19 ...01:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020