I can sacrifice my life if my country needs it: Shaan Shahid
ISLAMABAD - Pakistani filmstar Shaan Shahid has recently said that he can sacrifice his life if his Pakistan is attacked as reported by 'ARY News'.
Addressing a Kashmir solidarity rally in the capital, the actor, known for always speaking on issues related to issues of national importance said that he has refused to work in India several times but that was just a career sacrifice.
“I can sacrifice my life if my country needs it,” said Shaan Shahid.
He added that he belongs to a Kashmiri family and may not live in Kashmir but “Kashmir lives in him” like every Pakistani.
Shaan also shared that his father (Riaz Shahid) made movies on Kashmir and Palestinian liberation movement so love for freedom and fight against oppression are a part of his blood.
The actor who claims to have rejected a lot of offers from the Indian film industry is the son of legendary film writer and director Riaz Shahid who wrote and directed films like Yeh Aman.
Yeh Aman dealt with Indian atrocities in Kashmir, ‘Zarqa’ was a first of its kind local production which depicted the Palestinian movement for freedom.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020