PM Abbasi appreciates Telenor's investment in Pakistan
During the meeting, the prime minister appreciated that Telenor has created jobs for around 130,000 Pakistanis, directly and indirectly.
He acknowledged Telenor’s investment in the training and development of its workforce and thanked the CEO Telenor for providing many Pakistanis the opportunity to work in a progressive environment.
While recalling the inauguration of Telenor’s new headquarters in Islamabad, the prime minister stated that he was pleased to observe the state-of-the-art facility that has set new standards for workplace environment in Pakistan.
CEO Telenor thanked the prime minister for facilitating Telenor’s operation in Pakistan and expressed the hope to further expand operations including trainings to Pakistani workforce in latest telecom technologies.
He also indicated that Telenor is actively looking at new investment opportunities in the liberal policy environment and a supportive regulatory.
Telenor has been operating in Pakistan since 2005 and has also launched convenient mobile financial transaction mechanism namely ‘EasyPaisa’. Telenor has so far invested over $3.5 billion in Pakistan.
- FIA detains school teacher for sharing child pornography online03:14 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Islamabad court indicts Shahnawaz Amir, mother in Sarah Inam murder ...02:45 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- 'The Great Gama': Nasir Adeeb shares details of his next film on ...02:21 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Hungary announces Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Pakistani ...01:49 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Asad Umar summoned to appear before LHC for anti-judiciary speech01:10 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Aiman Khan leaves fans swooning over her sun-kissed pictures12:46 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Shoaib Malik takes son Izhaan on ride in his sports car (VIDEO)11:36 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan reveals why he was arrested in India09:41 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022