#NoMoreSilence: Humaima Malick opens up about being in an abusive relationship
And now, it has prompted Humaima Malik to open up about her years of suffering abuse in silence at the hands of her first husband. The actress confessed being in another abusive relationship, while she was working hard to provide for her family.
The Bol actress took to Instagram, saying, "Although it has been years... But all those years and pain-filled days and nights still haunt me. I was just a 19-year-old miserable young girl, who couldn't even share my screaming wounds with my family."
She added, " I am shameful of myself today. I didn't do anything for myself, 3 years of [an] abusive marriage, 7 years of another abusive relationship and repeat again."
Humaima did not reveal any names of the abusers but admitted that she was beaten to death several times. She had had enough of saying quiet and concluded her story with #nomoresilence. " While I was working to make a good life for myself and my family, I have been threatened, abused and beaten to death, not once but many times. I am not scared anymore, I am now shameful of silence.#nomoresilence"
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- U19 World Cup: Zimbabwe win toss, put Pakistan to bat07:10 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- UK issues fresh travel advisory for Pakistan06:58 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ten PCB staff member test positive for Covid-19 ahead of PSL 706:10 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Fans to nominate 'Hamaray Heroes' for PSL 202205:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Areeba Habib and husband Saadain spotted dancing at a friend's wedding04:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021