Nawaz Sharif ready to negotiate with institutions, says PM Abbasi
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has expressed that his predecessor Nawaz Sharif was ready to negotiate with institutions, however, he did not believe in any sort of NRO (National Reconciliation Ordinance).
Expressing his views in a television talk show on Friday, the premier said that Nawaz Sharif would oversee party affairs, even if imprisoned by the accountability court, adding that not even the dictators succeeded in putting an end to the politics of Nawaz Sharif.
The legislator declared that it was not a big deal for PML-N's 'Quaid for life' to be in jail or outside it as he had been sent behind bars in past as well.
'Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz neither struck an NRO type deal nor it believes in any such arrangement' asserted the premier.
Abbasi, who replaced Nawaz Sharif after the top court disqualified him in Panama Papers case, continued that all the state institutions jointly work for the progress of the country and his party was not on a collision course with other political forces.
The prime minister noted that the incumbent government would complete its term and general elections would be conducted soon after installing the caretaker government with consultation from political forces.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi also expressed his dismay over the political role of Pakistan Peoples Party expressing it was a matter of surprise that the Senate chairman had no political affiliation.
- 285 stranded Pakistanis return home in two special flights04:42 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020