SC orders completion of pilots, cabin crew's degree verification by Dec 28
A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar issued the orders while hearing a suo motu case taken up by the apex court in May 2018 relating to allegations of fake degrees held by pilots of different airlines.
A counsel for the Civil Aviation Authority informed the top court that Sargodha board has verified 26 degress out of 70, Multan board has verified 161 degress and 89 degress have been verfied by the Faislabad.
He added that some degrees submitted by the pilots and crew members are unable to read, to which, the top judge remarked, "Fire those who do not submit a clear copy of their educational degrees".
On Dce 20, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) revealed on Thursday that more than 20 air hostesses and stewards of Pakistan International Airline (PIA) have fake Matriculation certificates.
The CAA has sent the degrees of more than 20 crew members of PIA to different education boards of the country for verification. All the educational boards have confirmed that these members have fake degrees.
Earlier this month, the national airline informed the Supreme Court that at least 12 pilots and 73 crew members had fake degrees.
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020