PML-N MNAs to get Rs1b each for development schemes
ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) - Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has asked Finance Minister Ishaq Dar to allocate Rs one billion to each ruling party’s MNAs for development schemes.
PM Nawaz issued this instruction while chairing a ruling party’s core meeting, which was attended by the PML-N’s senior leadership including Finance Minister Dar, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and Hamza Shahbaz Sharif.
According to media reports, during the meeting the prime minister received detailed briefing on how to strengthen constituencies of PML-N sitting MNAs across the country.
Ruling party leaders were of the opinion that voters of the constituencies might not be attracted by the PM’s mega initiatives if the streets and roads of their neighbourhood were not built.
These leaders urged the prime minister to allocate around Rs1 billion to each of the PML-N’s National Assembly lawmaker for fiscal year 2016-2017. They said the same amount should also be given to respective lawmakers in the next fiscal year, which will be the last financial year before the 2018 general elections.
Sources said the prime minister agreed with their point of view and directed Dar to immediately arrange around Rs 300 billion for development schemes at the constituencies.
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020