COAS Bajwa suggests PM Abbasi handle Islamabad sit-in 'peacefully'
The army chief stressed avoiding violence from both sides as "it is not in national interest & cohesion"
ISLAMABAD - Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa has suggested a peaceful solution to the Islamabad sit-in rather than using force on the protesters, in a telephonic conversation with Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi on Saturday.
“COAS telephoned PM. Suggested to handle Isb Dharna peacefully avoiding violence from both sides as it is not in national interest and cohesion,” DG ISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor tweeted on Saturday.
COAS telephoned PM.Suggested to handle Isb Dharna peacefully avoiding violence from both sides as it is not in national interest & cohesion.
— Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor (@OfficialDGISPR) November 25, 2017
A policeman was martyred during clashes with protesters after an operation to clear Faizabad interchange commenced early Saturday morning.
Police said the deceased suffered a deadly blow to the head in I-8/4 sector as protesters pelted stones at security officials during the operation.
- Chinese retailer Shein issues an apology for profiting off Muslim ...04:17 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- KSA indicates health standards as primary criteria for Hajj pilgrims03:10 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- LHC extends Shehbaz Sharif's bail in assets beyond means case02:09 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Usman Mukhtars short film 'Bench' wins at South Shore Film Festival ...01:32 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Sushant Singh Rajput's fan honors the late actor by naming a star ...12:44 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020