Expanding tax net vital for public welfare, says PM Imran
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan Friday insisted on expanding the tax net in order to provide better facilities to the public.
The prime minister expressed his view during a meeting with Chairman FBR Shabar Zaidi and Chairman NADRA Usman Yousaf Mobin. Steps required to increase the tax collection in Pakistan were discussed in the meeting.
Speaking on the occasion, PM Imran said that the burden of additional taxes will reduce by adding new taxpayers.
Calling tax payment a national duty, the premier said that it would ensure the provision of education, health and other facilities in remote areas.
He also called for restoring the confidence of the taxpayers is vital, adding that the government was making efforts to ensure transparency in the tax system.
- Basketball icon Kobe Bryant, teenage daughter among 9 killed in ...12:35 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Hira Mani pens down an emotional Instagram post after Mere Paas Tum ...12:30 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019