Expanding tax net vital for public welfare, says PM Imran
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan Friday insisted on expanding the tax net in order to provide better facilities to the public.
The prime minister expressed his view during a meeting with Chairman FBR Shabar Zaidi and Chairman NADRA Usman Yousaf Mobin. Steps required to increase the tax collection in Pakistan were discussed in the meeting.
Speaking on the occasion, PM Imran said that the burden of additional taxes will reduce by adding new taxpayers.
Calling tax payment a national duty, the premier said that it would ensure the provision of education, health and other facilities in remote areas.
He also called for restoring the confidence of the taxpayers is vital, adding that the government was making efforts to ensure transparency in the tax system.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019