Public holiday announced in Sindh on Dec 27
A summary recommending the holiday was sent by provincial Department of Services General Administration and Coordination to the chief minister.
It is expected that the provincial government, all government offices, semi-government, autonomous bodies, corporations and local councils under the administrative control of the province will remain closed.
Benazir Bhutto, two time prime minister, was assassinated during a public gathering at Rawalpindi's Liaquat Bagh on Dec 27, 20o7. She was the first woman to head a democratic government in a Muslim majority nation.
PPP Sindh President and senior minister Nisar Ahmad Khurho has said that all arrangements to mark the death anniversary have been finalised at Garhi Khuda Bux where the slain leader is buried.
He said that Quran Khawani will be held for the departed soul of Benazir Bhutto, at Garhi Khuda Bux Bhutto on Wednesday.
PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, co-chairman of PPP and former President Asif Ali Zardari and central leaders of PPP will also address the party workers and supporters.
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to become mobile phones’ exporter by 2022, says Razak ...08:17 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021