Shehbaz Sharif’s name removed from ECL
Former CM Punjab had filed the application in the LHC challenging the decision of the federal government to place his name on the no-fly list.
The writ petition, filed through Advocate Azam Nazir Tarar, contended that the ban on Shehbaz’s international travel was in violation of his fundamental rights guaranteed under the Constitution.
The PML-N senior leader was arrested by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in October last year for alleged misuse of authority and involvement in the Ashiana Housing Scheme case.
His name was placed on the ECL in February. However, Information Minster Fawad Chaudhry has said that the LHC decision will be challenged in the Supreme Court.
- Wait is over as Cambridge announces O level results of Pakistani ...09:51 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- German vets perform surgery to rid Pakistani elephant of tooth ...09:25 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- PAKvNED – Pakistan seal ODI series victory over Netherlands08:28 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's latest photoshoot draws severe backlash05:40 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal’s new photoshoot draws severe backlash06:10 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022