PM Imran 'respects' SC decision regarding Nawaz Sharif's bail
The premier was informed about the apex court's decision during a meeting of the federal cabinet, to which he replied, "We had already directed that Nawaz Sharif be provided with all medical facilities."
"The courts and institutions in the country are independent," the premier commented and added that he was praying for Nawaz's health.
Earlier today, the top court granted Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz supreme leader, bail for six weeks to obtain medical treatment but within the country.
A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Asif Saeed Khosa heard the former premier's petition against a verdict by the Islamabad High Court (IHC) which had denied bail to the politician on medical grounds in the Al-Azizia corruption reference.
Announcing a short verdict, Justice Khosa directed that the politician will not be allowed to leave the country. The bench directed that Nawaz's bail can be extended.
If needed, the high court can be approached for an extension in the bail term, the court stated.
SC accepts Nawaz Sharif's bail plea on medical ... 02:06 PM | 26 Mar, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif will soon be released on bail for six months after the Supreme Court ...
The ex-premier was sent to seven years behind bars in the Al-Azizia Steel Mills reference by the accountability court in Islamabad in December last year.
Nawaz Sharif was also convicted in the Avenfiled reference by the accountability court judge Muhammad Bashir, however, he was granted bail by the Islamabad High Court.
The three-time prime minister had been relocated between Kot Lakhpat Jail and hospital multiple times on the recommendation of the medical board, however, recently he refused to be relocated to any hospital.
Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz had been accusing the sitting government of not providing adequate medical care to the three-time prime minister - a charge the sitting regime denies.
- Wait is over as Cambridge announces O level results of Pakistani ...09:51 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- German vets perform surgery to rid Pakistani elephant of tooth ...09:25 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022