Islamabad protests: Schools, colleges in Punjab to remain closed for two days
LAHORE - All schools, colleges and other educational institutes of Punjab province will remain shut on Monday and Tuesday due to prevailing law and order situation in the country, Education Minister Rana Mashood Ahmed Khan said on Sunday.
"Closure could be extended if the situation doesn’t get better and a fresh announcement will be made accordingly," the minister added.
For now, the closure is decided on just Monday and Tuesday (November 27,28).
It may be recalled that protests across Pakistan erupted after Federal Government decided to take action against protesters in Faizabad.
The situation is serious since then as countless protests have closed roads across major cities in the country.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019