Islamabad protests: Schools, colleges in Punjab to remain closed for two days
LAHORE - All schools, colleges and other educational institutes of Punjab province will remain shut on Monday and Tuesday due to prevailing law and order situation in the country, Education Minister Rana Mashood Ahmed Khan said on Sunday.
"Closure could be extended if the situation doesn’t get better and a fresh announcement will be made accordingly," the minister added.
For now, the closure is decided on just Monday and Tuesday (November 27,28).
It may be recalled that protests across Pakistan erupted after Federal Government decided to take action against protesters in Faizabad.
The situation is serious since then as countless protests have closed roads across major cities in the country.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- The shocking reason behind Ayesha Omar's fitness01:05 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020