China replacing nearly 70,000 taxis with electric cars to fight pollution
The project to replace all the current petrol powered cars is estimated to cost taxi operators $1.3 billion (9 billion yuan).
Electric cars have a smaller carbon footprint than conventional cars, which would help reduce CO2 emissions in Beijing.
Beijing and its surrounding states suffer greatly from crippling pollution, thanks to the heavy industries up north. Earlier this year, Beijing cancelled dozens of flights at its airport and suspended buses due to heavy smog - and issued a pollution "red alert."
- Supreme Court grants bail to MNA Ali Wazir01:35 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Lionel Messi wins Ballon d’Or 2021 to claim record seventh title01:00 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- IHC CJ directs Rana Shamim to submit written reply, original ...12:20 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- PTA grants license to Select Technologies11:35 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Punjab CM takes notice of offensive fashion shoot at Kartarpur ...07:40 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021