Panama Case verdict will be announced by a 5 member bench
Contrary to earlier reports that the verdict will be delivered by three member bench, it has now emerged that it will be announced by a five member bench including Justice Khosa.
The decision of the implementation case will be announced by a five-member bench comprising Justice Asif Saeed Khosa, Justice Ejaz Afzal Khan, Justice Gulzar Ahmed, Justice Sh. Azmat Saeed, Justice Ijaz ul Ahsan.
The landmark verdict will be announced in Courtroom 1 of the Supreme Court building.
It is pertinent to note that on April 20, Supreme Court’s five member bench ordered formation of a JIT to further probe allegations of financial impropriety against the Sharif family.
The 540-page order was split 3-2 among the bench with two dissenting notes in the judgment by Justice Khosa and Justice Gulzar. The two judges ruled against PM Nawaz Sharif, whereas the other three were in favour of constituting the JIT.
- UAE allows residents stranded in six countries including Pakistan to ...05:31 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Govt mulls over generating revenue by renting PM house for events04:41 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas's leaked dance video goes viral03:36 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021