National Security Adviser Nasser Janjua tenders 'surprise' resignation
Janjua was appointed as the National Security Adviser (NSA) with the status of minister of state in 2015 by Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz regime. He had replaced Sartaj Aziz who was also the Adviser on Foreign Affairs and held the status of a federal minister.
His resignation was confirmed by the NSA office through a WhatsApp message forwarded to the journalists.
Nasir Janjua belonged to 59th PMA long Course. He joined Punjab Regiment as a commissioned officer and completed his professional courses from Command and Staff College Quetta and National Defence University.
NSA Nasser Janjua jets off to Afghanistan on ... 09:42 AM | 17 Mar, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The National Security Adviser Nasser Khan Janjua will land in Kabul today (Saturday) to hold talks with ...
He played a decisive role in eliminating the anti-state elements while working as Commander of Southern Command in Balochistan after joining the Command on 31 August, 2013 and remained on the position till retirement.
Under the command of Lt. Gen. Nasir Janjua, Pakistan army carried out multiple successful operations against Baloch separatists, terrorists and other militant elements. Janua had also been appointed as President of National Defence University, Vice Chief of General Staff, Brigade Commander at Siachen and Company Commander at Military Academy Kakul.
He was also playing a pivotal role in the undergoing AfghanPeace process. The core reason for his resignation is still under the wraps.
Janjua's resignation might be the first move in a series of developments planned by Nasirul Mulk as according to well-placed sources, he is mulling reshuffling of the chief of Intelligence Bureau (IB) and appoint Ehsan Ghani to the top slot.
- PAKVSNZ: Six Pakistani cricket players test coronavirus positive11:41 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari tests positive for coronavirus10:01 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 26 November 202009:34 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:27 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020