IHC declares notification for placing regulatory bodies under ministries null and void
According to latest orders, the bodies will continue working as they have already been before the notification.
The federal government had placed Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA), National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) and three other regulators under the command of ministries.
Cabinet Division had issued a notification regarding these amendments after formal approval of the Prime Minister.
As per the details, NEPRA had been brought under the administrative control of Water & Power Division. Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) had been placed under the administrative control of Information Technology and Telecom Division. Frequency Allocation Board (FAB) will resume its functions under the administrative control of Information Technology and Telecom Division.
The prime minister had transferred administrative control of OGRA from Cabinet Division to Petroleum & Natural Resources Division. Similarly, Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) would now be functional under administrative control of Finance Division.
- Cabinet committee accepts NAB's request to place Shehbaz Sharif on ECL05:46 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Muhammad Noor Meskanzai appointed as chief justice of Pakistan’s ...05:41 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Pakistani barber offers haircuts with cleavers and blowtorches02:32 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021