NAB wants envoy-designate to US Ali Jahangir Siddiqui's name on ECL
The decision to move the Ministry of Interior for placing the names of Siddiqui and Ahmed Humayun Sheikh on Exit Control List (ECL) was taken during a meeting chaired by NAB Chairman Justice (r) Javed Iqbal on Monday.
Siddiqui, a special assistant to prime minister was grilled by NAB on March 22, accusing him of manipulating the stock through his company ANL that caused losses of Rs40 billions to the investors.
NAB summons envoy-designate to US Ali Jahangir ... 12:58 PM | 16 Mar, 2018
LAHORE - The National Accountability Bureau has summoned Pakistan’s Ambassador-designate to the United States Ali ...
Among the charges initially leveled against Siddiqui is that as director of investment firm Azgard Nine Ltd, was “syphoning off funds amounting to €23.758 million in 2008 for the purchase of an Italian company, Monte Bello SRL, using a foreign company, Fairytal SRL Sweden, which resulted in a loss to the company and shareholders.”
In the meeting, the bureau also approved to initiate an inquiry against Captain (retd) Safdar, son-in-law of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, for allegedly owning assets disproportionate to his income.
Assets beyond means: NAB initiates inquiry ... 11:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Monday approved to initiate an inquiry against Captain (retd) ...
Captain (retd) Safdar allegedly has 300 kanal land at Mansehra,30 kanal plot and one kanal house and a flour mill at Township Mansehra.
The meeting ordered another inquiry to probe doling out a sum of nine billion rupees of PM Global Sustainable Goal Achievement Programme illegally to Captain Safdar.
- Pakistan clean sweep 3-match T20 series against Sri Lanka05:27 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistani delegation to visit India next week for talks on water ...04:54 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Former SC justice Maqbool Baqar top contender for NAB chairman post04:28 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistani climber Kashif becomes world's youngest to scale all five ...04:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz Sharif, CM Hamza Shehbaz appear in Rs16b money laundering ...03:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- New Zealand PM pays tribute to Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto at Harvard07:07 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022