FIA nabs 4 Nadra officials, 3 agents in Karachi for allegedly issuing CNICs to foreign nationals
Acting on complaints against Nadra officers and members of the staff, FIA's Anti-Human Trafficking Circle arrested the accused from the authority's Mega Centre in Karachi's DHA.
Complainants claimed that Nadra officials were involved in issuing CNICs to foreign nationals with the help of commission agents. The officials allegedly rejected genuine requests for CNICs citing unnecessary objections in order to obtain bribes.
The arrested Nadra officials have been identified as supervisor Nizamuddin, senior executives Qaiser Khan and Sarfaraz Ahmed and junior executive Azhar Iqbal.
Meanwhile, the agents have been identified as Saleem, Raees and Qamar. A first information report (FIR) has also been registered against the arrested accused.
- Ten PCB staff member test positive for Covid-19 ahead of PSL 706:10 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Fans to nominate 'Hamaray Heroes' for PSL 202205:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani among three killed in UAE attack05:17 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Areeba Habib and husband Saadain spotted dancing at a friend's wedding04:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kiara Advani has the perfect birthday wish for rumoured beau Sidharth ...03:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021