Pakistan shall not fight imposed war again, pledges PM Imran
Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa, key federal and provincial ministers, Governor KP Shah Farman and Chief Minister KP Mahmood Khan accompanied the premier.
The prime minister greatly appreciated people of FATA/KP who had gone through the very challenging and difficult times while facing terrorism. He hailed the achievements of Pakistan Army, all other security forces, and intelligence agencies for their successful operations against terrorists, according to Inter-Services Public Relation (ISPR).
PM appreciated people of erstwhile FATA/ KP for courageously facing challenging & difficult times of terrorism. He hailed achievements of Pak Army, other security forces & intel agencies for their successful ops against terrorists.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) November 26, 2018
“A new Pakistan is in the making”, PM.(3 of 3). pic.twitter.com/EOvmCC3YEZ
“No other country or their armed forces have done what Pakistan and its armed forces have done in the war against terrorism”, PM said.
He said that the country has fought an imposed war inside our country as our war at a very heavy cost of sweat and blood and lose to our socio-economic fibre. “We shall not fight any such war again inside Pakistan”, PM pledged.
He said, "We are for peace beyond borders especially in Afghanistan. We shall play our role in Afghan peace process along with other stakeholders as peace in Afghanistan is critical for achieving enduring peace in Pakistan".
PM paid rich tributes to the martyrs and their families who have sacrificed for the safety, security and prosperity of the people of Pakistan and the motherland.
He also announced various welfare packages in the fields of health, education, employment and administration for the newly established districts of FATA.
PM announced three percent of NFC share by all provinces for merged districts, early conduct of local bodies and provincial elections to ensure transfer of power to grass root level.
He also announced Police Reforms and resolved to address all concerns of Levies and Khasadars by ensuring their jobs security.
PM announced Medical College along with Hospital for NWD and SWD, University for NWD, Army Cadet College for NWD, health Insurance Cards to residents of merged districts, Tele-medics system to fulfill deficiencies of specialist doctors.
PM also announced mega share from jobs for merged districts as offered by Qatar, enrolment in Police and Frontier Corps, special quota for under-developed regions (Almost double to existing), restoration of cellular service in NWD and SWD, loan for house building, effort to address issue of load-shedding, NADRA facilitation to ensure speedy CNIC process and solar panels for mosques.
PM announced the provision of interest-free loans, provision of computers and development of sports grounds. “A new Pakistan is in the making”, PM concluded.
Earlier, upon arrival PM laid a floral wreath at the Martyrs’ Monument. He was briefed in detail about operations conducted, ongoing stability operations, rehabilitation of TDPs, socio-economic development projects and fencing along Pak-Afg Border. PM also visited Ghulam Khan Border terminal and saw the border fencing.
- Smart lockdown imposed in Lahore’s various coronavirus hotspot areas09:04 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Myanmar soldiers use threatening TikTok videos to curb protests ...08:35 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Will sit on opposition benches if loses confidence vote, says PM Imran07:12 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- ECO Summit – PM Imran stresses regional connectivity for development06:35 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- German envoy meets Pakistan Army chief, pledges to boost bilateral ...05:57 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Rakhi Sawant and brother Rakesh accused of fraud02:22 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Mahira Khan faces backlash for supporting Mera Jism Meri Marzi slogan02:05 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Deepika Padukone and Tiger Shroff accused of plagiarism07:21 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021