Pakistan's top Islamic advisory body to discuss triple talaq issue today
The constitutional body, which is responsible for advising the legislature whether or not a certain law is repugnant to Islam, namely to the Qur'an and Sunna, aims at declaring triple talaq in one go null and void, ineffective and even punishable.
The members of the country's top Islamic advisory body, including chairman Dr. Qibla Ayaz has been active in bringing about amendments to the relevant laws since January 2018.
The Hanafi school of thought considers the triple talaq practice legal, but other sects including Shia and Ahl-i-Hadis oppose it.
CII wants to make triple talaq practice a ... 10:11 AM | 4 Jan, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Council of Islamic Ideology (CII) wants to impose punishments for practicing triple talaq at one time, ...
Ayaz has raised concerns over the matter on multiple occasions. In January when he was appointed the new chief of the body, Ayaz had said CII wants to impose punishments for practicing triple talaq at one time, besides implementation of other recommendations on the issue.
On another occasion, members of the council during a meeting observed that in triple talaq issue, women and children are adversely affected, especially with regard to their emotional health and future education.
- Democratic freedom – India stripped of ‘free’ title and ...03:31 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- China announces 'over 6%' economic growth target, tech plans02:44 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Biden picks another Pakistani-American for key role02:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021