ANP leader, brother killed in blast in Balochistan's Harnai
HARNAI - A leader of Awami National Party (ANP) and his brother were killed on Friday after their vehicle exploded in an area of Harnai, a district in north-east of Balochistan.
According to Deputy Commissioner Abdul Islam Achkazi, the explosive material had been planted in the vehicle that caused the blast. The incident happened in Shaharag Tehsil of Harnai.
As per reports, the deceased brothers were going to Pishin to attend the rally organised by the party at Taj Lala Stadium today.
The police have cordoned off the area and started an investigation.
The Awami National Party ANP is a leftist Pashtun nationalist political party in Pakistan. The party was founded by Abdul Wali Khan in 1986 and its current president is Asfandyar Wali Khan, grandson of Bacha Khan.
- Madar-e-Millat Fatima Jinnah remembered on death anniversary03:51 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran opens Islamabad infectious diseases hospital built in just ...02:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Celebrate Eid-ul-Azha with simplicity amid COVID-19 crisis, PM Imran ...02:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020