US Consul General Crenwelge appreciates Multan students for grooming English language skills
The programme aimed at improving job-related language ability, develop public speaking and leadership skills.
The six-month language course was funded by the U.S government to Education for Skills Development Association (ESDA) at Bahauddin Zakariya University.
In Punjab, the United States has supported the participation of 5,675 students in English Works and English Access programmes.
Crenwelge while addressing the certificate distribution ceremony lauded students for successfully achieving the language skills. She said that students linguistic and leadership skills had improved remarkably.
She said that "English Works" was one of the best programmes of the United States, not only in Pakistan but also across the world. The language programme was a long-standing partnership between both friendly countries, the USA and Pakistan, she observed.
She also thanked teachers and others for their remarkable contribution to equipping students with English language skills.
Vice-Chancellor Dr Tariq Mehmood Ansari also spoke and thanked the United States for providing an opportunity for students to improve their language skills.
He said that the programme would facilitate students in many ways, including personality development, creation of leadership qualities, entrepreneurship etc.
CEO ESDA Hammad Haseeb, US Consul Official Elizabeth Lee, Muhammad Iqbal, Haider Hassan, Professor Dr Akhtar Saeed, Dr Naveed and many others were also present in the ceremony.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019