Man confesses to murdering his wife in honour killing
The man confessed that he murdered his wife to save his ‘honour’ after bringing her back from Germany to Jehlum. The accused disclosed that he was about to flee after the murder, and that he had bought a ticket to leave the country.
Despite strict laws approved by the parliament to prevent honour killings, around 246 persons including 185 women were murdered in the spate of ‘honour killings' in Punjab alone in 2016.
Social media celebrity Qandeel Baloch was also among the victims of honour killing after being killed by her brother.
In 2015, 240 persons were killed in the name of ‘honour killing’.
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Petroleum prices to remain unchanged as PM Imran rejects OGRA's ...09:38 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartfelt note about ‘soulmate’06:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021