Military courts to hear anti-terrorism cases permanently, draft prepared
KARACHI: A draft bill has been prepared by merging Protection of Pakistan Law and the Anti-Terrorism Act. Under the new bill military courts will permanently hear the cases of anti-terrorism, local media reported.
Sources said that new law will be presented in the parliament after getting approval from the Federal Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar. The new law would propose detainment of accused persons for 90 days.
It is important to mention here that around 300 cases were sent to the military courts out of which 120 are under trial.
- Hike in gas price proposed ahead of winter season10:56 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Sindh court tells employees of power supply company to clean mosque ...10:01 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Huge economic transformation project for Karachi under CPEC launched08:56 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan slams India at UNGA, says Kashmir is not ‘internal ...08:13 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- First teasers of Yumna Zaidi, Azaan Khan and Sajaly Aly’s ‘Ishq e ...05:59 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Fatima Sohail spotted enjoying vacations in northern areas04:45 PM | 25 Sep, 2021