Who was the pop singer who moved High Court to reinstate IG Sindh?
A bench headed by Chief Justice Sajjad Ali Shah was hearing the petitions filed by singer-cum-social activist Shehzad Roy and others. After hearing the arguments, the court directed the government not to send the IG on leave till January 12.
The court also served notices to the IGP and the Sindh government, seeking their reply by the next date of hearing, and adjourned the case till January 12.
The applicants are of the view that the IGP is a reputable officer and he was ousted due to the fact that he was his working with honesty and integrity. He ensured merit in the recruitment process and took effective steps for the betterment of the society. They asked the court to direct the government not to remove the IGP from his post.
It may be mentioned here that Sindh government has sent the IGP on forced leave and rumours were rife that he had been removed.
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-09-Updated 10:00 ...09:32 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Pakistan registers 3,785 new Covid-19 cases, 118 deaths in 24 hours09:12 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 09 May 202108:59 AM | 9 May, 2021
- A successful story of young Emirati chef - Ahmed Darweesh01:16 AM | 9 May, 2021
- PM Imran and Pakistani delegation pay respects at Masjid-e-Nabwi12:00 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021