PEMRA slaps Rs100,000 fine on ARY News over anti-democracy TV show
PEMRA Council of Complaints, in its meeting held under chairmanship of Professor Shamim Humayun in Islamabad on Saturday, heard complaint lodged by one Shanila Sikandar against ARY News programme "Sawal Ye Hai", hosted by Dr Danish.
The Council took serious cognisance of the act of host, appealing for take-over in the country and toppling the democratic setup.
The Council also recommended PEMRA to issue an Advice to all satellite TV channels to refrain from using derogatory words against persons and the institutions.
In another complaint, the Council directed ARY News to air apology and rebuttal in the same manner and magnitude during prime time within 15 days for airing false/incorrect information about Aviation Division.
- PCB allows Umar Akmal to resume club cricket from next month02:59 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Four Lahore girls, who went missing, say they ‘escape to get ...02:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- J.Rashid & Sons opens Pakistan’s first tyre flagship store in Lahore02:10 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021