PEMRA slaps Rs100,000 fine on ARY News over anti-democracy TV show
PEMRA Council of Complaints, in its meeting held under chairmanship of Professor Shamim Humayun in Islamabad on Saturday, heard complaint lodged by one Shanila Sikandar against ARY News programme "Sawal Ye Hai", hosted by Dr Danish.
The Council took serious cognisance of the act of host, appealing for take-over in the country and toppling the democratic setup.
The Council also recommended PEMRA to issue an Advice to all satellite TV channels to refrain from using derogatory words against persons and the institutions.
In another complaint, the Council directed ARY News to air apology and rebuttal in the same manner and magnitude during prime time within 15 days for airing false/incorrect information about Aviation Division.
- Five terrorists killed by security forces in N Waziristan operation: ...11:24 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Six arrested for chanting 'Pakistan Zindabad' in New Delhi (VIDEO)10:41 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Saudi Arabia opens first drive-in cinema in Riyadh10:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- South Africa beat Pakistan by 13 runs in women’s 2nd ODI10:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Infinix unveils latest Hot 10 play at PKR 16,99910:10 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar-Mahmood’s wedding – Mehfil-e-Milad held at Bilawal House05:07 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot today04:51 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Chaudhry The Martyr – Trailer of biopic on slain Karachi cop ...03:45 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021