PEMRA slaps Rs100,000 fine on ARY News over anti-democracy TV show
PEMRA Council of Complaints, in its meeting held under chairmanship of Professor Shamim Humayun in Islamabad on Saturday, heard complaint lodged by one Shanila Sikandar against ARY News programme "Sawal Ye Hai", hosted by Dr Danish.
The Council took serious cognisance of the act of host, appealing for take-over in the country and toppling the democratic setup.
The Council also recommended PEMRA to issue an Advice to all satellite TV channels to refrain from using derogatory words against persons and the institutions.
In another complaint, the Council directed ARY News to air apology and rebuttal in the same manner and magnitude during prime time within 15 days for airing false/incorrect information about Aviation Division.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's death confirmed as ‘suicide’ on first ...07:04 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- National Foods attracts overseas Pakistanis with Brainchild ...06:41 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- FM Qureshi, Russia’s Lavrove emphasise on strong Islamabad-Moscow ...06:36 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes tax cut on 10 businesses06:12 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: PTI-led Punjab govt proposes 10% increase in ...05:34 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021