Sixth round of Pak-US Strategic Dialogue on Monday
Nafees Zakaria, the Foreign Office spokesman, told newsmen that Prime Minister's Adviser on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz will lead Pakistani delegation in the talks, which will take stock of entire gamut of bilateral relations between the two countries.
The spokesperson said terrorism is not only the issue of Pakistan but of the whole region and the world at large. Therefore, it is imperative that all the countries collaborate in the war on terror. He said Pakistan has always appreciated any counter terrorism efforts.
Zakaria said Pakistan, the biggest victim of terrorism, has achieved tremendous successes in the war against this menace. These successes have also been acknowledged and appreciated by the world community.
He said that US decision to go ahead with sale of F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan will enhance the country's counter terrorism capability. The sale of fighter jets to Pakistan should not be a matter of worry for any other country, he further added.
When asked about the Indian concerns on the sale, the spokesperson said Islamabad has already expressed its surprise and disappointment over the Indian reaction. He said the United States, in its statements, has also clarified that the jets are being given to enhance precision strike capability of Pakistan against terrorists.
- PM Imran to attend Middle East Green Initiative summit in Saudi Arabia06:00 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani Ertugrul! Interior Minister Shiekh Rashid's horse ride ...05:53 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali silences body-shamers in latest viral video04:02 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Iffat Omar trolled for wearing revealing dress01:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Mahira Khan, Fawad Khan win hearts with adorable BTS photos from ...02:32 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021