Pakistan ready for talks with India on all issues including terrorism: PM Imran
A twelve-point agenda, including the current security situation, was discussed during the meeting and the ministers of foreign affairs and defence briefed the cabinet members on Indian aggression and the efforts with diplomats and the international community to de-escalate the tensions between two nuclear-armed neighbours, the Geo News said in a report.
The cabinet members, in one voice, said the entire nation is united and ready for Pakistan's defence. They also lauded Pakistan's diplomatic efforts in the wake of Indian aggression, the report added.
The cabinet also granted approved the decision to raise the issue of Indian aggression at the United Nations, OIC and with friendly countries.
Pakistan carried out air strikes and shot down two Indian military jets on Wednesday, a day after Indian warplanes violated Pakistan airspace for the first time since the 1971 war, prompting global powes to urge both of the rival South Asian countries to exercise restraint.
One of the two pilots, who landed inside Pakistani territory after his MiG-21 Bison was shot down in a dogfight with PAF jets, remains in Army’s custody. Islamabad says it is ready to negotiate his return as per Geneva Convention if it leads to de-escalation in the region.
Pakistan ready to return captured Indian pilot ... 03:01 PM | 28 Feb, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Thursday said Pakistan is willing to consider returning the ...
PM Imran on Wednesday called for talks with India and hoped both sides could de-escalate. “History tells us that wars are full of miscalculation. My question is that, given the weapons we have, can we afford miscalculation,” PM Imran said during a brief televised broadcast to the nation. “We should sit down and talk.”
Tension between the two countries has been elevated since the Pulwama attack on February 14 in which over 40 Indian paramilitaries were killed in occupied Kashmir.
- Canada lauds Pakistan's constructive role during Afghan crisis09:04 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Orange Line Metro Train marks its 1st anniversary with a milestone of ...08:40 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran woos investors at Riyadh investment forum08:19 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran Khan addresses Middle East Green Initiative Summit in Saudi ...07:49 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Twitter hilariously trolls Akshay Kumar after Pakistan's victory ...05:38 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Babar Azam's father breaks into tears after Pakistan’s victory ...04:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021