Oil slightly higher after five-day slump
US energy department data showed on Wednesday that inventories were 13.4 percent higher on-year, while gasoline stocks were up 11.8 percent, indicating that demand remained weak while the peak holiday driving season came to a close.
The news sent Brent tumbling three percent and West Texas Intermediate more than two percent down to sit at levels not seen since April, with both contracts now down about a fifth from their 2016 highs above $50 early last month.
On Thursday, bargain-buyers moved in, helped by a weaker dollar after Federal Reserve indicated any US interest rate increase would be slow and measured.
At about 0630 GMT, US Benchmark West Texas Intermediate was up six cents to $41.98 a barrel while North Sea Brent was up five cents at $43.52.
- CII disapproves of chemical castration of rapists11:10 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Two soldiers martyred while thwarting terrorists’ infiltration from ...10:15 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Khanum Pink Polo Cup 2021: Habib Metro Lions, Rijas ...09:50 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi thanks Iranian President Raisi for support on Kashmir issue09:25 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Two more matches decided on second day09:05 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:40 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021