Man slits throats of two women, reportedly after raping one
CHAKWAL (Web Desk) - A man cut the throats of two women reportedly after raping one of them.
According to police, two women, aged 30 and 26 years, moved to the Malkwal village in the jurisdiction of the Talagang Saddar police from Dhoke Syedan locality of Rawalpindi. They got a rented apartment and were running a beauty parlour in the village.
One of the women was married and had three children, police said and added that a man from Rawalpindi came to meet the married woman on Wednesday evening.
At night, he asked the woman to get divorce from her husband and marry him.
However, when the woman refused, he attacked her with a knife and tried to slaughter her.
“When she started screaming, her colleague came to her rescue but she was also attacked,” the police said.
In the meantime, other residents of the locality reached the spot but the attacker fled.
The two women were taken to a hospital in Talagang with their throats slit, from where they were referred to Rawalpindi due to their critical condition.
Talagang Saddar police SHO said the married woman was also sexually assaulted by the suspect, Dawn News reported.
He said an attempted murder and rape case had been registered against the man. “We will arrest him soon,” he added.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020