'Big news' expected as Pakistan sets stage for mega offshore oil, gas exploration
The announcement was made by Federal Minister for Maritime Affairs Ali Haider Zaidi on his Twitter handle stating, "Supply ships transporting equipment to “Mother of All Rigs” docked 230km off the Karachi coast for exploration of oil & gas arrived at KPT".
He also wished best of luck to the companies, ExxonMobil and ENI, for the drilling that is expected to make game changer discoveries.
Zaidi wrote, "Best of luck to ExxonMobil & ENI when they start drilling".
Supply ships transporting equipment to “Mother of All Rigs” docked 230km off the Karachi coast for exploration of oil & gas arrived at KPT.— Ali Haider Zaidi (@AliHZaidiPTI) December 28, 2018
Best of luck to ExxonMobil & ENI when they start drilling. Let us all pray for a global discovery. From the looks of it, big news Inshallah pic.twitter.com/2297id1AcJ
The federal minister also urged the people for prayers for a global discovery and hoped that there would be big news.
"Let us all pray for a global discovery. From the looks of it, big news Inshallah," he concluded the tweed.
Following the announcement, the numbers of social media users extended best wishes over launching the mega drilling.
Renowned journalist Hamid Mir said, "Best of luck Pakistan drilling will be started soon for the discovery of oil and gas and this discovery can be a real game changer".
Best of luck Pakistan drilling will be started soon for the discovery of oil and gas and this discovery can be a real game changer https://t.co/3BxTVks8C5— Hamid Mir (@HamidMirPAK) December 28, 2018
All The Best Pakistan!— Ray (@iKarachiwala) December 28, 2018
Inshalah Pakistan will have success— Akhtar Ali (@AkhtarA93656965) December 28, 2018
Last month, Exxon Mobil, the world’s biggest oil and gas company, had announced that it will reinvest in Pakistani market after a gap of nearly three decades.
A company’s delegation, led by LNG Market Development Chairperson Emma Cochrane, called on Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday at the PM House and informed him of projects.
Exxon Mobil to re-enter Pakistani market after 27 ... 05:56 PM | 28 Nov, 2018
ISLAMABAD – Exxon Mobil, the world’s biggest oil and gas company, has announced that it will reinvest in Pakistani ...
The PM welcomed the resumption of Exxon Mobil operations in Pakistan and assured the delegation of free and safe business operations in the South Asian country.
Great to see foreign direct investment coming back to Pakistan. ExxonMobil the largest oil & gas company comes back to Pakistan after 3 decades. pic.twitter.com/xWJ2v8yG3p— Ali Haider Zaidi (@AliHZaidiPTI) November 28, 2018
The Texas-based firm has made major strides to re-enter the Pakistani market to start country’s first offshore oil drilling. Exxon Mobil also plans to build Pakistan’s third import liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in partnership with Pakistani consortium Energas.
- Pakistan increases petroleum prices by Rs30 per litre10:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- PTI takes full financial responsibility for slain workers' families09:33 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Imran Khan among several PTI leaders booked for rioting, vandalism ...09:07 PM | 26 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz hails security forces for protecting people lives during ...08:28 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022