SC shoots down petition challenging Zulfi Bukahri's appointment
The apex court’s registrar objected that the petitioners did not approach the proper forum and the prime minister was made a respondent which cannot be done under Article 248 of the Constitution.
The petition was filed under Article 184(3) of the Constitution by Muhammad Ali Chattah and Mirza Abul Moiz Baig who highlighted Bukhari’s dual nationality and stated that he was currently under investigation by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
After the dismissal by the apex court, Baig and Chattha contended that the registrar's decision was not a judicial order which would be challenged soon.
Zulfi Bukhari's appointment challenged in SC 02:31 PM | 26 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - A petition was filed with the Supreme Court on Wednesday challenging the appointment of Sayed Zulfiqar ...
On September 17, PM Imran Khan appointed his close friend Zulfi Bukhari as a special assistant to Prime Minister Imran Khan on Overseas Pakistanis & Human Resource Development with the status of Minister of State.
The Cabinet Division had issued a notification in this regard which states “In terms of rule 4(6) of the Rules of Business. 1973 read with serial number IA of Schedule-VA of the said Rules, the Prime Minister has been pleased to appoint, with effect from 14th September 2018, Sayed Zulfiqar Abbas Bukhari as Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Overseas Pakistanis & Human Resource Development, with the status of Minister of State.”
With the induction of Zulfi Bukhari in the Federal Cabinet, the total number of the Cabinet members had reached 32.
- PM Imran, Iranian President Raisi hold first meeting in Dushanbe09:11 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- FO reacts to US State Secretary Blinken’s remarks about ...08:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PAKvNZ – Trophy unveiled ahead of first Pakistan-New Zealand ODI ...08:06 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Fawad Chaudhry, Azam Swati served notices for levelling allegations ...07:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- SBP enables Pakistanis to open bank accounts through digital channels07:15 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021