PRGMEA hosts workshop on Sustainable Fashion in Pakistan
LAHORE - The Pakistan Readymade Garments Manufacturers & Exporters Association (PRGMEA) hosted a workshop on Sustainable Fashion 2019 at the National Incubation Center Lahore in collaboration with the International Apparel Federation (IAF) on Thursday.
The IAF-PRGMEA GFA is Pakistan’s largest sustainable fashion competition. The IAF-PRGMEA Design Award represents the epitome of quality, perfection and concept of design. It also attracts the attention of design oriented companies, professionals and interest groups. This award is a stamp of excellence for designers and counts as an important milestone in one’s career.
The event itself was divided into two parts; the Workshop and the Seminar. The former began with a welcome address by NIC Lahore’s Project Director, Faisal Sherjan followed by Dr Ayyaz Uddin, the Executive Member of PRGMEA. Mr Damon Frank Giannoccaro; an avid businessman, a lecturer at Istituto Marangoni based in Shenzen and a UNICEF and UNDO representative.
The Seminar was commenced by Faisal Jalil Sherjan followed by Mr Mubashar Naseer Butt; the Central Chairman of PRGMEA. Later on, Mr Zaheeruddin Dar, CBI Expert and trainer at Dartways gave his address followed by an interactive session with the audience to create awareness about sustainable and ethical fashion and how it holds the power to enable everyone to rethink fashion.
The competition challenged young designers to put their creative powers to the test by proving their ability to transform textile waste into wearable, appealing and commercially viable products.
The event is based to challenge existing ideas about the scope and potential of sustainability issues in the fashion and textile industry. It sets out a pluralistic, engaging and forward-looking picture, local products, slow fashion and participatory design, as well as knowledge of materials.
Pakistan Readymade Garments Manufacturers & Exporters Association (PRGMEA) is holding Global Fashion Awards (GFA) 2019 during its 35th IAF World Fashion Convention being held in Lahore in collaboration with the International Apparel Federation (IAF) on November 2019. The competition is aimed at educating young fashion designers about sustainable design techniques and theories.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019