PTI backtracks on nomination of Nasir Khosa as caretaker CM Punjab
The decision was announced on Wednesday after a meeting of the core group of PTI with Opposition Leader in the Punjab Assembly, Mian Mehmood ur Rasheed contending that a new nominee would be presented after consultations within 24 hours.
"Proper consultations were not held and the decision was taken in haste," added Mehmood-ur-Rasheed.
Nasir's name was agreed upon by PTI and ruling Pakistan Muslim league Nawaz on Monday, after Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif brainstormed over the matter with the provincial opposition leader.
Glad to announce that Leader of the opposition Punjab and I have agreed on the name of Nasir Saeed Khosa as caretaker Chief Minister Punjab for interim setup. Another step towards strengthening democratic process. pic.twitter.com/FVfU5Edqgk— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) May 28, 2018
Khosa, who hailed from Dera Ghazi Khan, belongs to the Pakistan Administrative Service (PAS) and is the brother of Justice Asif Saeed Khosa, the puisne judge of the Supreme Court and former FIA DG Tariq Masood Khosa.
He worked as chief secretory Punjab between 2010 and 2013.
Nasir Saeed Khossa had also served in various other capacities in Punjab. Prior to his stint as Balochistan chief secretary, he served the province in different capacities between 1979 and 1991.
He is also the recipient of the fellowship in public administration from Hubert H Humphrey, USA.
- Paani Key Pankh – PM Imran launches documentary drama in Islamabad ...08:05 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Money laundering – UK court orders extradition of Abraaj founder ...07:49 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Reducing unfair means in recruitment: Case of Police in Pakistan07:20 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021