Indian singer receives death threats for criticizing Salman Khan
MUMBAI - Indian singer Sona Mohapatra, who criticised Salman Khan a few days ago for his remarks against Priyanka Chopra, received death threats on social media.
The singer took to social media and shared screenshots of death threats she received from Salman Khan fans.
“Such & such mails come my way regularly , from the followers of this ‘hero’ of bad behaviour. This beacon of ‘human’ values who inspires such serial toxic behaviour is actually claiming the title of #Bharat , drawing parallels with our great nation, nothing lesser. @NCWIndia,” she tweeted.
Such & such mails come my way regularly , from the followers of this ‘hero’ of bad behaviour. 👇🏾This beacon of ‘human’ values who inspires such serial toxic behaviour is actually claiming the title of #Bharat , drawing parallels with our great nation, nothing lesser. @NCWIndia pic.twitter.com/8cxH6vtZyg— ShutUpSona (@sonamohapatra) May 28, 2019
Salman Khan has been taking shots at Priyanka Chopra over the past couple of weeks. According to Salman, Priyanka walked away from his upcoming film, Bharat, at the eleventh hour.
The producers of the movie then had to sign Katrina Kaif in the nick of time. Sona had slammed the actor for criticising Priyanka Chopra unnecessarily.
“Cus @priyankachopra has better things to do in life, real men to hang out with & more importantly, girls to inspire with her journey,” she tweeted.
Cus @priyankachopra has better things to do in life, real men to hang out with & more importantly, girls to inspire with her journey. 🤟🏾🔴— ShutUpSona (@sonamohapatra) May 26, 2019
“A showcase & poster child of toxic masculinity. Low brow digs at not only a woman who was not in the room but a disgusting disregard & contempt for the woman & colleague sitting next to him in the same room. Unless we call out such serial bad behaviour, nothing changes, #India.”
Till now Salman Khan has not reacted to Sona's words. Let's see what happens next.
Stay tuned for more updates.
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- No Pakistani residing in China affected by coronavirus, says top envoy06:39 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan students in China demand government to evacuate them at once05:54 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Woman killed, five injured after being hit by US Embassy vehicle05:45 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019