Tecno Pakistan sets example by joining noble cause led by Khubaib Foundation to deliver quality education to orphans
The event marking Tecno’s collaboration with Khubaib was held at the foundation’s college and hostel for orphans in the hill-city of Haripur, Pakistan.
Creek Ma, the CEO of Tecno mobile Pakistan toured the orphanage with Nadeem Ahmad Khan, the chairman of Khubaib Foundation. The two walked through the campus and talked about ways to improve the infrastructure and to expand on the resources available for the orphanage. Both invoked their primary desire of improving the quality of education available so that the children have the same opportunities as everyone else.
Tecno’s support to Khubaib Foundation involves not only a monetary donation through the MOU but a year long commitment of further funding through donation boxes that will be set up at Tecno shops across the country. In addition to this Tecno has promised to donate a portion of sale from each handset that is sold.
The funds collected will be utilized to solarize the orphanage so that restraints of load shedding don’t hinder the children’s daily school schedule. Moreover the funds will also be used to restock textbook supplies and stationary in the foundation’s orphanages and colleges in Haripur, Muzaffarabad, Skardu, Sargodha, Gilgit and Rawalpindi.
The evening at the Haripur orphanage involved numerous activities to celebrate the partnership. Following a special iftar dinner for more than the 1000 students in attendance, Tecno officials took front row seats to enjoy the performances by the students. Besides a cultural tableau, the students showcased their skills in Taekwondo and sang songs about Pak-China friendship. Tecno officials also gave special gifts to the students from different campuses who achieved academic excellence.
Creek Ma spoke to the children and talked about why education is a cornerstone for a civilized society and how this initiative was aimed to take ownership of the orphans and ensure that they have the chance for a successful life ahead. He also noted that “no child should be left behind” and that this project is just the beginning of Tecno’s commitment to help marginalized children gain a quality education so that they get a fair chance in life. These words were met with a thunderous clap from the students who then went on to hand Mr Creek handmade ‘thank you’ cards.
Through this initiate Tecno is truly paving the way for the most vulnerable of children to transcend with education. The premium mobile brand has shown that it’s goals aren’t just to function as a top tier global market competitor but also as a company that uplifts, improves and invests in the communities in which it operates.
- Biden phones Netanyahu, Abbas as death toll in Israeli airstrikes on ...07:54 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone TAUKTAE 'will not make landfall on Pakistan's coastal belt'04:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa ends COVID-19 lockdown tomorrow04:18 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021