US celebrates 3-year partnership with Punjab to support maternal & child health
The US government-funded Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP) was implemented by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in coordination with the government of Punjab in order to provide better accessibility to family planning services in the region.
“I hope together we can achieve the ultimate goal of preventing maternal and child deaths in Punjab,” said USAID Provincial Director for Punjab Kevin Sharp. “The Punjab Departments of Health and Population Welfare have been valuable partners in this project, and we look forward to continuing to work together to improve the health of the people of this region.”
Punjab Minister for Health Dr. Yasmeen Rashid noted that the program helped improve child and maternal health, and provided valuable continuing education to population welfare officials, as well as developing guidelines and monitoring mechanisms.
Dr. Fauzia Assad, Country Director of Jhpiego, which helped implement the program, thanked the government of Punjab for their efforts to improve the lives of women and children. She said that the program has enhanced family planning service availability throughout the region.
The program introduced and supported health initiatives designed to prevent maternal and child deaths over a three-year period.
Among the projects in this multi-tier program, initiatives included the development of educational resource packages for clinical monitoring and client follow-up as well as improving women’s access to family planning services.
MCSP also worked with the government of Punjab to set up prenatal corners to provide round-the-clock counselling services to pregnant women.
- Northern’s Haider Ali trends on Twitter after blasting batting in ...06:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Vice Admiral Amjad Niazi appointed new Pakistan Navy chief05:33 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- PTI’s Firdous Naqvi resigns as Sindh opposition leader05:22 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Lion King sequel officially in the works01:46 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020