LHC dismisses Ayyan Ali's bail plea
The court had reserved the judgement earlier today.
Justice Maqbool Bajwa held hearing of the case while counsel for the defense, Sardar Ishaq Advocate maintained that the Customs authorities have completed their investigation into the matter and termed his client a mere tool in committing the crime.
The defence lawyer prayed to court that jail is safe place for Ayyan Ali at this time as her father has also been shot earlier.
The petitioner lawyrs said when a woman charged with murder could get bail then his unmarried 22-year-old client must also be granted bail.
While talking to the media after the hearing, Customs counsel Farhat Nawaz Lodhi said that Ali’s two mobile phones have not been decoded yet. He said that she could not provide a reliable reason for possessing that much foreign currency.
Lodhi said that Ali’s brother has provided the authorities few documents which would be analyzed soon.
He said that to transport foreign currency is termed smuggling and it could cost Ali at least Rs 50 crore for trying to smuggle Rs 5 crore.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:48 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan records lowest daily Covid cases in over a year09:18 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 October 202108:48 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- 12 Rabiul Awwal: Pakistanis celebrate Eid Milad-un-Nabi today08:13 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021