Pakistan, China agree to support dialogue process to address arms control, non-proliferation issues
The understanding was expressed during 6th Round of Pakistan-China Bilateral Consultations on Arms Control and Non-Proliferation in Islamabad, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Both sides stressed the need for reinvigorating the multilateral arms control and disarmament forums to enable them to make meaningful progress towards the objective of global and regional peace and stability.
The Pakistan side briefed the visiting Chinese delegation about its robust nuclear safety and security regime and its export control mechanisms, which were consistent with those adopted by members of the multilateral export control regimes. The Chinese side expressed appreciation for the steps taken by Pakistan in these areas.
The Chinese side was also briefed about Pakistan’s credentials for NSG membership as a state with extensive civilian nuclear programme, experience, expertise and nuclear supply capability.
- Nadal downs Djokovic to clinch record-extending 10th Italian Open ...11:50 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Pakistanis above 30 asked to get vaccinated as soon as possible11:29 PM | 16 May, 2021
- India reports 4,077 new Covid deaths as UP police try to keep sacred ...10:47 PM | 16 May, 2021
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- PIA plane carrying 1 million doses of Sinovac vaccine lands in ...08:49 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021