Flight operation to UAE going smoothly: PIA spokesman
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) - A PIA spokesman Tuesday clarified that airline's flight operation to UAE is going on smoothly as all Boeing 777 and six A-320 of its fleet since they already have the new Airborne Collision Avoidance System.
Talking about media reports vis-à-vis imposition of restrictions on the use of UAEs airspace without upgrading to new Airborne Collision Avoidance System (ACAS), he said that UAE authorities had imposed these restrictions giving three days notice to PIA to upgrade its aircraft using their airspace to the new ACAS version.
The spokesman said the PIA has applied for waiver for A-310 and remaining A-320 aircraft till April next year.
Meanwhile, the PIA Chairman has asked the concerned department to speed up efforts to upgrade the remaining aircraft to this version of ACAS.
- PSL 2021, Match 10 – Islamabad United bat first against Peshawar ...07:24 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- “Work together or come have more tea,” Asad Umar to India on ...06:22 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 8 – Babar Azam lifts Karachi Kings to thrilling win ...05:50 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Agha Ali advises Alizeh Shah to be more concerned about her acting ...03:45 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Khel Khel Mein – Sajal Aly and Bilal Abbas team up for first time ...02:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021