Nuclear safety, security Pakistan's top priority : Foreign Secretary
He was talking to Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency Mr Yukiya Amano in Vienna.
The Foreign Secretary appreciated IAEA's unique role in promoting the peaceful uses of nuclear technology through its Technical Cooperation Programme.
Director General Amano expressed satisfaction with the implementation of IAEA Safeguards in Pakistan. He further appreciated the nuclear safety and security record of Pakistan.
During meeting with his Austrian counterpart, Dr. Michael Linhart, foreign secretary said Pakistan's nuclear policy rests on the twin pillars of restraint and responsibility.
The Foreign Secretary briefed the Austrian side on notable gains achieved by Pakistan in the counterterrorism campaign.
The two sides expressed satisfaction at the positive trajectory of bilateral relations, emphasizing the need for enhanced trade and investment.
- Israel and Turkey to restore full diplomatic ties in surprise thaw10:46 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Remains of Indian soldier found on 'world's highest battlefield' ...10:21 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Maria B lauds Lahore school for removing trans activist Dr Mehrub ...09:56 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- US woman charged with murder for ‘kiss of death’ to prisoner09:29 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022