Nuclear safety, security Pakistan's top priority : Foreign Secretary
VIENNA (APP) - Foreign Secretary Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry has said that Pakistan accords highest importance to nuclear safety and security and is fully meeting its obligations in this regard.
He was talking to Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency Mr Yukiya Amano in Vienna.
The Foreign Secretary appreciated IAEA's unique role in promoting the peaceful uses of nuclear technology through its Technical Cooperation Programme.
Director General Amano expressed satisfaction with the implementation of IAEA Safeguards in Pakistan. He further appreciated the nuclear safety and security record of Pakistan.
During meeting with his Austrian counterpart, Dr. Michael Linhart, foreign secretary said Pakistan's nuclear policy rests on the twin pillars of restraint and responsibility.
The Foreign Secretary briefed the Austrian side on notable gains achieved by Pakistan in the counterterrorism campaign.
The two sides expressed satisfaction at the positive trajectory of bilateral relations, emphasizing the need for enhanced trade and investment.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019