First cargo train under CPEC leaves China for Karachi
The freight line will cut transport cost by over 50 percent compared with past services, Xinhua news said in a report.
"The route helps locals businesses connect with the world market," a representative from the New Silk Road Yunnan Limited said.
The new rail, sea freight will cut logistics cost, including that of transport, by 50 per cent compared to past services, the news agency reported.
The service is a part of China's Maritime Silk Road initiative, of which the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project (CPEC) is an extension.
Pakistan and China kicked off first trade activities under CPEC in October as over a hundred Chinese containers arrived at the Sust port in Hunza, following clearance from customs. The containers were headed to Gwadar.-Online
- PDM announces anti-government protests over rising inflation, poverty10:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Hindu extremists force Muslim girl to take off hijab in India (VIDEO)09:36 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup 2021 – Bangladesh opt to field first against Scotland07:52 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Woman raped on US train while ‘passengers did nothing’07:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new dance video goes viral05:43 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen wins fans’ hearts with soulful voice (VIDEO)04:20 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021