First cargo train under CPEC leaves China for Karachi
The freight line will cut transport cost by over 50 percent compared with past services, Xinhua news said in a report.
"The route helps locals businesses connect with the world market," a representative from the New Silk Road Yunnan Limited said.
The new rail, sea freight will cut logistics cost, including that of transport, by 50 per cent compared to past services, the news agency reported.
The service is a part of China's Maritime Silk Road initiative, of which the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project (CPEC) is an extension.
Pakistan and China kicked off first trade activities under CPEC in October as over a hundred Chinese containers arrived at the Sust port in Hunza, following clearance from customs. The containers were headed to Gwadar.-Online
- Pakistan gets 1.55mn Chinese COVID vaccines amid shortage02:41 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Brazil becomes second country to pass half million Covid-19 deaths12:03 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani TikToker remanded in police custody over fraud with ...12:11 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Twitter slams Dhoop ki Deewar over 'problematic' storyline05:32 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021