6 al-Qaeda terrorists killed in friendly fire during Layyah encounter with CTD
According to CTD sources, an informant told them of the presence of eight terrorists in the jurisdiction of Chubara police in district Layyah. They said that the terrorists, belonging to Al-Qaida and TTP, were preparing to attack the offices and personnel of law enforcement agencies.
A CTD team from Multan raided the terrorists' hideout and were met with heavy fire, which they returned promptly.
Six terrorists were found dead when the firing stopped, the source informed, adding that the terrorists were killed in 'friendly' fire.
Sources also said that two terrorists had managed to escape the scene under the cover of darkness.
The police recovered two hand-grenades, two automatic rifles, one TT pistol, and a mouser from the hideout.
CTD authorities are currently investigating the incident.
- BISE Lahore announces date for Intermediate part-II results12:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan expecting rollover of $2bn SAFE deposits from China12:10 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Child dies from polio in northwestern Pakistan; cases tally rises to ...11:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Twitter withholds Govt of Pakistan’s official account in India11:22 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Japan’s wrestling legend turned politician Antonio Inoki passes ...10:48 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan and Hamza Ali Abbasi exchange banter on live show11:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022