By-polls: PS-106, PS-117 and PS-22 in Sindh on Thursday
The three seats to be contested, including two in Karachi, had become vacant after lawmakers from the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), Iftikhar Alam and Dr Sagheer Ahmed, resigned to join the Pak Sarzameen Party, led by former MQM leader Mustafa Kamal.
While there are 14 candidates in the running for Dr. Iftikhar Alam's vacant seat, the main contest is likely to be between MQM candidate Mehfoozyar Khan, PPP’s Sardar Abdul Samad, PTI’s Nusrat Anwar, and Pasban’s Jawad Sheerazi.
The PS-117 seat, too, fell vacant when MQM lawmaker Dr Saghir Ahmad resigned to join the PSP.
There are 10 candidates in the running for Dr. Saghir Ahmad's former seat. However, the main contest is likely to be between SM Qamar Abbas Rizvi of the MQM, Javed Maqbool Butt of the PPP, Rafaqat Umar of the PTI, Naeem Shah of the JUI-F and Zia-ur-Rahman of Pasban.
The PS-22 (Naushahro Feroze) seat had fallen vacant due to the unseating of Pakistan Peoples Party lawmaker Dr Abdul Sattar Rajpar. There are 98 polling stations in the constituency — 56 of which have been declared sensitive, 23 most sensitive and 19 normal.
While there are 30 candidates in the running for this seat, the main contest is likely to be among Abdul Sattar Rajpar of the PPP, Arif Mustafa Jatoi of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz, Mohammad Qasim Solangi of the Jamiat-i-Ulema Islam-F, Shah Nawaz Larik of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf, Rana Aftab Ahmad of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement, Riaz Husain Rajpar of PPP-SB and Mohammad Aqib Rajpar of the Sindh United Party.
The ECP says it has finalized all security arrangements to ensure peaceful elections.
- Man arrested for running fake Twitter account in Syra Yousuf's name11:40 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir leaves fans impressed as she sings 'Kesariya'10:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022