SC acquits death-row convict over lack of evidence
Qaiser Ali was facing charges of murdering his paternal grandmother in 2007. The trial court had awarded death sentence to him which was upheld by the high court.
A three-member bench of the apex court headed by Justice Asif Saeed Khan Khosa heard the case. The court after hearing arguments acquitted the convict over lack of evidence.
While in another case, the same bench converted the death sentence of a murder convict Muhammad Afzal into life imprisonment. Afzal was held for murder of Nadeem in Ahmed Nagar Lahore in 1998.
The trial awarded death sentence to the accused which was maintained by the high court.
- Pakistan Navy thwarts Indian submarine’s intrusion bid: ISPR (VIDEO)02:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Bill Gates was warned against sending ‘flirty’ emails to a female ...01:34 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh and Oman lock horns in must-win game today12:32 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto reveals her son's name09:41 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021